Friday, June 13, 2008

Willie Nelson!!!

Willie Nelson!!!



Born in Abbott, Texas, on April 29, 1933,Willie Nelson is one of the most popular, prolific, and influential songwriters and singers in the history of American music. He has been inducted into a number of music halls of fame, was named a Kennedy Center honoree in 1998, and was given a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2000. He has recorded more than one hundred albums over six decades. In January 2002, Lost Highway Records will release his first major album of all-new material in five years, The Great Divide. Beginning in high school Nelson worked as a disc jockey for local radio stations. Nelson had short DJ stints with KHBR in Hillsborro, Texas, and later with KBOP in Pleasanton, Texas, while singing locally in honky tonk bars. Nelson graduated from Abbott High School in 1951. He joined the Air Force the same year but was discharged after nine months due to back problems. He then studied agriculture, at Baylor University for one year in 1954. In 1956, Nelson moved to Vancouver, Washington, to begin a musical career, recording "Lumberjack," which was written by Leon Payne. The single sold fairly well, but did not establish a career.

I have actually learned a lot of new info that I didn't know about him. I really like this singer. He is really good. I got to met him on Springfield Square. His bus was broken down. And when I drove by I saw him and pulled in and said hey. I got a picture with him and got to talk to him for about 5 minutes. He is a awesome guy to hang out with. He is really funny. he has a very pretty bus with horses on a hill against the sunset. I will never forget that moment that i got to meet him.

6 comments:

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

w00t! Willie Nelson!!

Tayla. (: said...

Eh. I like Johnny Cash better. TEXAS!!! I'm from there.

the_man_734 said...

I had a chance to go with a friend of mine to see Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan together in Kansas City. I regret not going to that one. Willie will for always be pretty cool.

LeeAnna said...

I didn't know that he was in the Air Force and that he had a song called "Lumberjack" and you are Lumberjack Zack. That is really cool.

Sonia Early said...

I guess he's okay.

bloodgirl101 said...

I AGREE WITH TAYLA I LIKE JONNY CASH BETTER THAN WILLIE NELSON.