Friday, June 13, 2008

Soundtrack of my Life

http://www.playlist.com/node/37407421

1) "Jesus Freak" by DC Talk
A major part of my life has been my church life. I was a very ornery kid that always found a way to get in trouble. I was one of those "behavior" kids that principals dreaded having to deal with and dealt with more than they wanted to. Giving my life to God changed that and got me away from bad influences. I am glad that I am a "Jesus Freak."

2) "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts
I know that it is a TV jingle, but it sums up how my friends are in my life. I have always been privileged to have great friends, and I am very glad that I have been a great friend to others. The Bible says that he that has friends must show himself friendly. I sure try.

3) "Running on Empty" by Jackson Browne
My family is notorious for driving used cars that we just absolutely kill. When one of our cars starts to have trouble, it won't take long before it is useless. My first car was a 1987 Ford Taurus that got about twelve miles per gallon. It was terrible, and this song talks about having to get excited about a junky car.

4) "Just Got Paid" by ZZ Top
I thought I was really cool when I got my first pay check. I just had to spend to all of my money. I didn't save up for anything. I should have done that though.

5) "Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin
This song was dedicated to me by my father when I was leaving for college. He wanted to make sure that I stayed in touch. He was afraid that I wouldn't, but my dad is one of my best friends. Staying in touch will never be a problem.

6) "Drive" by Incubus
When I was dropped off in Springfield for the first time, I was pretty emotional. My parents drove away, and for the first time in my life, I didn't know what to do with myself. I turned on the radio, and this song began to play. After a few tears, I was ready for this part of my life.

7) "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor
My parents divorced when I was a freshman in college. I had to wrestle my anger and resentment for a long time. For the first time in my life, I had no desire to talk to or see my parents. This was like that for a month. This song represents how I dealt with and survived my tough times in life.

8) "My Hero" by the Foo Fighters
My grandpa's death really shook me up. I was the first one im my family to graduate from a university. He had to quit school before he graduated to help out his family. He died shortly before my graduation day. I had a dream the night before graduation that my grandpa was there, smiled at me, waved, and vanished in mid-air in the middle of a crowd. He was one of my heroes.

9) "At Last" by Etta James
This was my wedding song. My wife and I picked this one, because the lyrics really nailed how we felt about each other. My wife is a wonderful person, friend, mother, and Christian. This song means a lot to us.

10) "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon
I am a proud father. I love my little girl with everything that is in me. I am so glad she is mine. God gave me a wonderful gift when he gave me my daughter. I can't wait to see her grow up into a great little person. She is always going to be daddy's little girl, and that's what this song is about.

11) "In My Life" by the Beatles
12) "100 Years" by Five For Fighting
These two songs are about reflecting upon a life lived. The tone of these songs is a hopeful one, and one that I hope to have when I have reached the end of the line. These two songs seem to be a great way to end a soundtrack of my life.

7 comments:

Sonia Early said...

Wow, your life has been rough, but you're here now. Obviously you made it. I'm glad you're not in prison. I hope I don't end up in prison, but what with my "blind rage" and crap like that, i could at least end up in jail, pending the seriousness of the situation.

Tayla. (: said...

Oh wow, you have been through alot. Lol. I'm listen to your wedding song right now. It sounds...hmmm...very oldish. It is so cute! Well anywho. I know some of those songs. Do you like Frank Sinatra type music? I dont think I spelled his last name right, oh well.

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

WELL good luck with your life Booger Man. Looks like it was fun filled up till now

LeeAnna said...

That's cool that you picked ZZ Top. Also, you say that the principals dreaded you...and what about now? LOL.

LumberJack Zack said...

i love Cats in he Cradle. i used to know that song by heart.

bloodgirl101 said...

you have some good songs. sonja is right you sound like you have had a hard life.

Tayla. (: said...

I dont watch soap operas, so I wouldnt know.