Friday, June 13, 2008

Blindness

A city is ravaged by an epidemic of instant "white blindness". Those first afflicted are quarantined by the authorities in an abandoned mental hospital where the newly created "society of the blind" quickly breaks down. Criminals and the physically powerful prey upon the weak, hording the meager food rations and committing horrific acts. There is however one eyewitness to the nightmare. A woman whose sight is unaffected by the plague follows her afflicted husband to quarantine. There, keeping her sight a secret, she guides seven strangers who have become, in essence, a family. She leads them out of quarantine and onto the ravaged streets of the city, which has seen all vestiges of civilization crumble. Their voyage is fraught with danger, yet their survival and ultimate redemption reflect the tenacity and depth of the human spirit.



Cast: Julianne Moore, Mark Ruffalo, Danny Glover, Alice Braga, Sandra Oh



http://http//www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2514682137/



This sounds like an okay movie, but I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I'd probably watch it, but it's not all that intriguing to me.

6 comments:

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

This seems like it might be a good movie. I want to watch it now.

LumberJack Zack said...

yea i want to see it know too.

the_man_734 said...

A friend of mine was in the Missouri State performance of "Blindness." I really enjoyed the play. The author of the book won a Nobel Prize for literature. I hope this movie is good.

LeeAnna said...

I seems like an ok movie. I haven't heard that much about it.

bloodgirl101 said...

IT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD MOVIE AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT.

Tayla. (: said...

I guess I didnt comment. Oh well, I am now. Well it sounds good enough for me. I'd probably watch it.