Thursday, June 12, 2008

Review of "Comatose" by Skillet


Skillet released their latest album "Comatose" last year. The band has evolved into a Christian rock force after being just "one of those bands." "Comatose" is easily their most complete album to date. The highlights of this disc include "Rebirthing," "The Last Night," "Whispers in the Dark," and "Looking For Angels." These songs help to capture the struggles that living for God in a Godless society can sometimes incorporate. The band hits the nail on the head from start to finish.

I was never much of a Skillet fan in the past. I thought they had a few decent songs in the past with "Hey You I Love Your Soul" among others, but they never really established themselves as a great band to me. The band has now taken themselves to their forefront of the industry. They even took home some awards this year for "Comatose."

I would definitely recommend this album for anybody. Skillet has produced an album that not only resonates with Christian rock fans but music fans in general. Skillet has actually crossover status by starting to get play on secular rock stations, such as 106.7 and 102.1 in Springfield.

RATING: ****out of**** (Instant Christian Rock Classic)

7 comments:

Tayla. (: said...

I've heard of this band but never really listened to them. They just don't appeal to me.

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

Some of these songs don't sound too bad, I'll have to try them out and see what their like.
But Instant Christian Rock Classic... Not Too sure About That.

skater said...

ya i will have to see what they are like i do not know who they are but i will see soon

LumberJack Zack said...

yea i agree with shane

bloodgirl101 said...

THEY ARE THE SAME FOR ME AS TAYLA.

LeeAnna said...

I hope this doesn't sound mean ,but if there is a band called Skillet, is there a band called frying pan? LOL

Sonia Early said...

I've only heard, like, two songs, but they weren't bad.