Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Rising Price of Gas and Dirty Tomatoes


Gasoline is up to $4.06 per gallon now nationwide. This is scary, because the economy is going to keep getting worse. The one thing that could ruin America is the economy, because we are still strong everywhere else. What type of world will my kids be raised in? There is a bill being put before Congress right now that is pushing for off shore drilling in Alaska. I see this as being long overdue. The Liberal Democrats are saying that drilling in Alaska wold be harmful to the environment. Not that I don't care about the environment, but I think we have bigger things to worry about than homes for squirrels. The opponents of this bill also say that the economic help at the gas pump won't be felt for a while. I say SO WHAT!!!! At least it will be felt. The economic stimulus checkes are silly in nature. Don't let me get started on that subject. I like receiving money in the mail from the government for doing nothing. Yikes, that makes me sound like a freeloader!! All that is supposed to do is appease people. That isn't going to jumpstart the economy.

I hate tomatoes, and I will always hate tomatoes. The fact that tomatoes now have been found to be tainted with Salmonella now adds fuel to my fire. I had to give a sarcastic laugh when I heard that the Food and Drug Administration issued a statement saying that they don't even have enough money to launch a full scale investigation! You mean to tell me that a government agency is running short on money?!?!?!? Welcome to Cuba boys and girls!

8 comments:

Sonia Early said...

Yeah, screw the environment, it was all put on the earth to die, anyways. Tomatoes are good, in my opinion. $$$
Kids? How many kids do you want?
Garsh! I'm gonna be the old cat-lady. Yay!

Tayla. (: said...

I like the fact that you go on and on about oil and then go right into tomatoes! That was great. That is why I just laughed all randomly. Well...if this is Cuba then I'm heading out of here. To England...but they have it bad too. They have random bombs everywhere. I wouldn't want to be on a bus that has a bomb. Well...I like your post. WOOT!

skater said...

i am with you i hate tomatoes to and they just need to stop with the environment and start helping to lower gas and help with homes and stuff that is in need of help

LumberJack Zack said...

yea im not a big fan of tomatoes myself. i agree with shane on the gas thing.

LeeAnna said...

That's sad. You expect that the Food and Drug Administration to do something about it. When the people that are supposed to help and keep a safe enviroment can't afford it that's bad!

bloodgirl101 said...

THAT IS NASTY ABOUT THOSE TOMATOES. I REALLY LIKE TOMATOES AND THAT IS NASTY THAT THEY ARE LIKE THAT. I SHALL WASH THE TOMATOES THE NEXT TIME I EAT ONE.

Tayla. (: said...

I have no idea if it was a book. But...if it was, I probably would've read it.

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

hahahahaha Cuba XD
I'm sorry but i found that particularly funny. That does worry me a bit though that the government doesn't have enough money to protect us from tainted tomatoes...