Friday, June 13, 2008

Resurrecting the Champ

I am excited for this movie. I know that I posted the trailer for "The Great Debaters" yesterday, but I can't wait to see this film either. This film stars Samuel L. Jackson, Josh Hartnett, and Alan Alda (yes Hawkeye Pierce from M*A*S*H). This is based on a true story about a homeless guy in New York (maybe) that may or may not be a former boxing champ. I believe this film takes place in 1970s.

I think that Hollywood makes about a half dozen really good films every year. This movie has a chance to be in that select group. Some times Hollywood (oh okay all the time) doesn't always give the best films the Academy Awards. I mean Finding Neverland, The Sixth Sense, Hotel Rwanda, August Rush, and The Pirates of the Caribbean didn't win much of anything when they were up for the Academy Awards. That is a shame. Here is a list of films that I have seen this year and loved (or respected) or think I will love (or just like) and respect:

1) The Great Debaters
2) Resurrecting the Champ
3) The Dark Knight
4) Flawless
5) August Rush
6) Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
7) Iron Man
8) The Incredible Hulk
9) Get Smart
10) Speed Racer
11) The X-Files
12) Hancock

Flawless - Theatrical Trailer
The X-Files: I Want To Believe - Theatrical Trailer
Iron Man - Theatrical Trailer
Get Smart - Trailer
August Rush - Theatrical Trailer
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium - Trailer
Speed Racer - Theatrical Trailer

6 comments:

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

Wow that last part you wrote confused me. But yes i think this should win an award

Sonia Early said...

I wouln't mind watching iron man and flawless, but as for the others...

Tayla. (: said...

Well hey. I think I might want to see that Mr. Something's movie. I didn't think it was about a toy store though!

LumberJack Zack said...

yea i want to see Iron Man

LeeAnna said...

There is only one out of the ones you mentioned that I thing won't be very good. Hancock. I think I will be disappointed when and if I watch it.

bloodgirl101 said...

I THINK THAT I WOULD LIKE TO GO SEE THEM ALL.