Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

With the sudden death of actor Heath Ledger, who where they going to replace him with? Well...Johnny Depp of course, along with Colin Farrel and Jude law, all three are gorgeous men. Haha. The movie is about a man who once won a bet with the Devil, and possesses the unique ability to guide the imagination of others. Many centuries ago, Dr. Parnassus won immortality in a bet that found the malevolent Mr. Nick coming up short. While few would be foolish enough to try their luck against the powers of the prince of darkness a second time, Dr. Parnassus did exactly this. He decided to time trade his mortality for youth on the understanding that his firstborn would become the property of Mr. Nick when the child reaches his or her 16th birthday. Flash-forward to the present day, and Dr. Parnassus' daughter, Valentina is about to celebrate her sweet sixteen. Dr. Parnassus is desperate to save his little girl from her fiery fate, and when Mr. Nick arrives to collect, the good doctor presents the Prince of Darkness with a wager too good to pass up. Dr. Parnassus and Mr. Nick will each compete to seduce five souls, with possession of Valentina going to whomever manages to complete the task first. As the competition begins to heat up, Dr. Parnassus promises his daughter's hand in marriage to any man who can help him successfully win the bet.


I think I shall go and see this movie. I think it is going to be funny watching how in one scene it is Heath, then all of a sudden it is Johnny Depp or one of the other two. I'll be all like "HAHA, Heath had to be replaced because he croaked!" Yes, I know I am evil, but my aunt and grandpa made me like that. Not blaming them but yeah. My heart is cold so...yeap.

6 comments:

Sonia Early said...

This movie sounds worth watching. People are gonna be like "Wtf!"
Major character change, they'll probably laugh once they're over their confusement.

bloodgirl101 said...

I AGREE WITH SONJA, THAT IT DOES SOUND GOOD.

LumberJack Zack said...

lol yea i agree with david draiman

skater said...

ya it is going to be a really good movie i think

the_man_734 said...

I actually like all of those actors. I don't hold it against Heath Ledger for playing a gay guy. many actors have done that. Actors like Robin Williams, Michael Caine, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Tim Curry, and Tom Hanks have all played gay people. The premise of the movie does sound interesting. Was it a book first?

LeeAnna said...

I think that sounds good.