Monday, June 9, 2008

My trip to Japan! OMFGOSH!

The moment I got off the plane to Tokyo, Japan, population of about 12 million, thoughts just started racing through my head. "Where shall I go first? What bands am I going to see? What are the people like? What kind of food do they have? What is the religion here? What are some landmarks? What are some historical events? " Just so many questions. Well...here are some of the things I have found out during my trip. I spent very little time here but I stayed at one of the most exquisite hotels, the Keio Plaza. Although it was very difficult to understand them, luckily my cousin speaks Japanese! Translater much? The religion not many Japanese follow is Shinto and Buddhism.

Some landmarks are The Great Buddha, (A powerful tsunami swept ashore at Kamakura, Japan, in 1495, knocking the city flat and ripping away the wooden temple that housed the Great Buddha, a large bronze statue that had been sitting there in peaceful repose for two and a half centuries. When the tidal wave passed, the figure was still sitting serenely) and The Golden Pavilion. The Golden Pavilion is covered entirely in gold. The building that was there before was burnt down by some crazy man, then this new building was put in it's place, and it looks amazing, no?Well back to my story, after I changed I went with my cousin, Skyler, and he took me to a restaurant. It was very unlike anything I thought. Outside the restaurant they have a vending machine, and it gives you a ticket of what you want, once inside you exchange it for your order. In this one sushi bar they had a conveyor belt with color coded plates, the color was the price. The cheapest one was 120 yen. Which is like $1.20 American. That is cheap! But so delicious!





Well...then I went to a club and had the time of my life!
The Shibuya-Eki-Mae Crossing is one of the hot neighborhoods for clubbing.
They played a bunch of awesome Japanese music. It was a Gothic club. You should have seen some of the people you get in there!








<-----These two girls invited me and Skyler to the Fuji Rock Festival! And guess who was playing??? My FAVORITE Japanese band in the world! DIR EN GREY!




I could not believe it! I was so stoked I could hardly breath when I found out that I was going to go and see them! So I dressed in my best and headed to the rock fest, heart racing a million miles and hour! Once we got there it was packed, of course! Some other bands that were playing were: Apui, The blue hearts, Laputa, and Nightmare.

On my third day I went to see some fireworks, and they were simply amazing! Perfect for my last day in Tokyo. The sight was captivating. For many Japanese, summer means fireworks. Almost every weekend throughout Tokyo and Japan there are large fireworks (or hanabi displays), sometimes with more than one event held on the same day. Be warned, fireworks are extremely popular in Japan and the crowds are worse than the Tokyo rush hour! (And that is really saying something! It's quicker to just walk!)

A couple of words of advice, you might want to take your own food and drinks as the lines can get very long!!! Also, if going by train, when you arrive at the station, be sure to buy your return ticket before heading off to the event. (They sometimes run out!)

Japan is such an amazing place to visit. Especially Tokyo! You never really know who you will meet or run into, and you will never believe how great the fashion is either!!! I recommend anyone going there. Of course one day is not near enough time to see everything you want, but the adventure is worth it! I only got 3 days to visit Tokyo before heading back home to the U. S and A, although it was, as I've said, a short amount of time, I will never forget it! ESPECIALLY since I got to see DIR EN GREY!!!!

Ta-Ta for now girlys and boys.

8 comments:

the_man_734 said...

Wow, that is really cool that you had family in Spain! It is a country that I have always wanted to go visit. Maybe I will one day.

LumberJack Zack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the_man_734 said...

Excellent job on the post. You definitely put a lot into this one. That is really cool that you have actually been to Japan. I enjoyed the conversation narrative tone of your entry.

LumberJack Zack said...

that would be cool to have family there.

Sonia Early said...

Omg Bhudda! Not really. Is the tale of you and Skyler real? Huh?

LeeAnna said...

You really put some thought into this. I did a report on Japan once and I don't think that it had as much as you have.

bloodgirl101 said...

i wuold love to go to japan my niece is going thier this summer actually today!

skater said...

ya i dont know if i would go ther or not i dont know yet and its cool that you have been there