Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Television Shows Being Turned Into Movies

Movie directors and companies in this day and age try the best they can to come up with fresh ideas along the way. It's a dog eat dog world, and the biggest dog in the fight will make the biggest wad of cash. Never mind actually making good movies. It's all about making the big bucks. For instance, look at some of the big movies over the last few years: "Spiderman," "Horton Hears a Who," "Pirates of the Caribbean," and "I Am Legend." The only original idea from here is the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

Why do Hollywood filmmakers feel the urge to try to make movies out of anything? They are even making films from television shows. I guess they are that hard up for ideas now. I don't by that explanation though. Whatever happened to good old fashioned ideas. That's why movie companies have "think tanks." They are there to come up with ideas. Some times it works, and some times it doesn't.

Here are some shows that I really don't want to see become live action movies.
1) Happy Days
2) Gilligan's Island
3) Hee Haw
4) 24
5) The West Wing
6) All in the Family
7) Home Improvement
8) Cheers
9) The Office
10) House

I would like to invite you all to give me your picks of television shows that wouldn't make good full length movies.





WOULD THESE GUYS MAKE THESE TURKEYS?!?!?!?!?

8 comments:

Tayla. (: said...

Wow. I wish I could be on a tv series. That is like a dream of mine. To be the main character of a great show. Maybe on The N, Disney, or somthing.

LeeAnna said...

I Love Lucy would be a bad movie in todays age. I don't care who is out there ,but no one could come close to Lucille Ball. She was a wonderful actress and there is only one of her kind and that was her.

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

I want to start my own band, Thats one of my biggest dreams

skater said...

ya i agree with leeanna i love lucy would be a bad movie in todays age

Tayla. (: said...

I'd cast the same guy, but put prosthetics on him to make him look younger.

LumberJack Zack said...

WHAT YOU FORGOT FRIENDS

bloodgirl101 said...

i think that it woould be cool if we could all be on a tv show like as a reatlity show.

Sonia Early said...

I don't think that "Hell's Kitchen would make a good movie. Never! Ewww.