Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Suicide.





Suicide among teenagers has been increasing over the years. One question that always goes though my mind is "Why" and "How" a person did that. It is such a sad topic to talk about, especially if you've overcome that in your own life. You see, most suicide victims do it because they feel lonely, unloved, unwanted, worthless, empty, and then there are those who do it on a spur of the moment. A breaking up for instance. You hear alot of people committing suicide because their boy/girlfriend broke up with them. Well I think that is very messed up. I don't see how a person can not notice that someone they live with and talk to everyday does not seem different. Alot of people also say "Attention Seeker". Well in my opinion, GIVE IT TO THEM! Everyone wants attention when you think about it. There are different types of attention, and I don't think many people get that concept. Babies, they need attention 24/7. If you don't give a kid enough, it really messes them up. Famous people, they want attention too, or else why be in the business? Because they like their job? Well..duh...but they also like the attention, it's so obvious. If a depressed person wants attention, they will probably do these outrageous things to get it. If a parent thinks that their kid is acting up because they "just want attention" then they better give it to them. It's a parents job to love their child unconditionally, give them the attention they need, take care of them. Alot of people are just misunderstood, and when they say "no one understands me" that probably is the truth! People say committing suicide is retarded, but do they know the reason behind their suicide? Do they know what that person was thinking about at the time? No, of course not. Of course, suicide is not the best way to deal with situations, but maybe no one paid them enough attention. Maybe they were not loved enough, or didn't receive any affection from their parents.


Well I don't really know what else I can say about this topic without ranting on and on for about an hour or something. So I guess I'll get to my main point. Suicide...is not cool. I mean, I think many people think about it at times, but don't actually dwell to much on it. I just don't see how people can put their body in pain. Like...overdosing...wouldn't that be horrible? It would like, kill you slowly like a poison. Hanging...ROPE BURN! I certainly wouldnt want to suffer like that...strangling til I just can not breath anymore. Cutting so deep that you hit a vein, oh my gosh. That would really hurt! You'd bleed to death. When people ask me if I am suicidal I tell them to mind their own business. What does it matter to them? They probably just want the latest gossip, they wouldn't help anyways. Suicide to me, is very sad, and I get shocked every time I hear about another teenager offing their self. I mean, did no one care about them? Did they not teach their kids to come to them if they are having problems? I think if a kid didnt seek comfort in their parents, that the parents were not doing their job very well.

Does it sound like I am blaming the parents? Well, of course I am! If your going to be a parent, you better make sure your kid is well supported, knows they are loved, know they are important, know that they can come to you for anything and everything, know that they are your whole world, all that good stuff that makes any relationship work. That doesnt mean baby your teenager, it just mean give them what they need, and if they start acting different, talk to them. Don't accuse or force anything on them! People will come around on their own time.

Well once again I'm ranting on and on about something that really affects me. I seriously don't know what to say. I want to know why all of these people are now committing suicide! I mean, did they not want any help? Did they just stop caring? WHAT?! This is a topic that greatly intrigues me, but then again the idea of death itself greatly intrigues me. I dont know what exactly about suicide I find interesting, probably the whole idea of someone actually going through with it. Were they not close to GOD?

9 comments:

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

Yeah, Committing suicide seems kind of stupid to me. Why would someone end their life over a bad girlfriend/boyfriend? Or their parents not showing them that certain amount of love. Some people's parents completely hate them and they seem to still go on somehow.

skater said...

ya i know that's not the way to do any thing just live your life they way you think that you should

the_man_734 said...

I knew a guy named Mike. He lived on my floor in college. I liked him. He was a nice guy, and he always had a good approachability. One day when I was leaving for class, I was talking to him, and we made plans to hang out when I got back from class. I could tell he was sad. He wasn't his normal self. I talked to him, and he seemed better. I went to hang out with some of my friends from a different floor. The next morning Mike was found dead. During the night, he walked out to the Missouri State parking garage, jumped off, and killed himself. I hated myself at first, because I was upstairs when he walked outside to his perch. If only, I had come down to my floor. If only, I had invited him upstairs with us. If only..... That was my mindset for the longest time. After a while of feeling sorry for myself, I decided to suck it up and be strong for his girlfriend that I barely knew and all of the others. My final thought on him was anger, because he quit on life. He gave up. Like a kid losing a boardgame, he threw in the towel. I have no sympathy for him. He made a decision. He gave in. I believe that suicide is a definite undeniable sin. There is absolutely no reason for it. Nothing is worth killing yourself. NOTHING. Maybe I sound harsh, but one way to correct the problem would be for people to stop having pity parties. That is what support groups are for.

the_man_734 said...

People that are suicidal are extremely selfish. They can only think about how bad their problems and how bad they have things. they don't even stop to think about how many people they would be affecting with their decision.

Sonia Early said...

I think that a few more people need to commit suicide, seeing as how they're so stupid as to take their life, rather than seek help. Plus, we need population-control.

LumberJack Zack said...

i agree with MR.T. they are very selfish. "o my life suck im going to kill my self" they do not think of other people and how it hurts them. the people that do care are hurt because they now have to live without someone because they thought that there life sucked. Really there life is not that bad. everyone has there bad days and even bad weeks. i think that people that comet suicide are plain and simply STUPID!!!! I hate it when people do that. IT IS A FRONT ROW TICKET TO HELL!!!!

LeeAnna said...

I never thought about it ,but there really are different types of attention. I actually knew someone the killed themself. I'm sorry to say that ,but it's true.

bloodgirl101 said...

Matt i agree with you but i disagree because. I think that it is wrong to commit suicide because of religous beleves. I think that if someone wants to die a certin way then that is their choice not ours. I also think that just because one person in a family that all of the rest of them will and also we should try to be friends with those kind of kids and not treat them different than we would our own friends. I think that if you be nice to them that they would be less likely to kill them selves, and maybe just maybe we can set a good example for the rest of the stupid preps inour school who are to stuckup to try to make friends with people that don't dress like them.

the_man_734 said...

I'm sorry that you used to feel that way. I'm sad to hear that. I'm glad that the feeling has past.