Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Alcoholism

Alcoholism is a huge problem in American society. Alcohol is something that is completely addicting. Behaviors can be changed, families torn apart, minds and lives can be destroyed, and the American public continues to be roped in by the corrupt businesses that only care about the bank accounts. Alcoholism has been around since beer and other forms of alcohol have been in production. America at one point thought they were going to get rid of their problem and outlaw alcohol. The end result of that decision was the establishment of speak easies and boot leggers. Illegal bars and gangsters originated during the shaky time in American History. Al Capone was a massive bootlegger and speak easy creator, and he cleared $105,000,000 in 1927 in a time in which even the athletes like Babe Ruth didn't even get close to 1,000,000. Alcoholism is still a big problem, because of its addictive ingredients.

Anybody can be affected with this problem. Alcoholism doesn't discriminate. It knows no boundaries. There is no easy way to deal with somebody that is addicted to the power of alcohol. Alcoholism is a problem that can bother and infringe upon both genders. Americans lose far too much money on fostering their addictions. Kids grow up in broken homes.

I really don't know what could be done about alcoholism. America has tried to get rid of alcoholism by banning it. That didn't work. They have tried Public Service Announcements. Those didn't work. People could shut down bars, but that would encourage the revival of speak easies. Something had better be done and done fast. I did find a PSA with the famed actor James Dean from 1955. This PSA is interesting, because Mr. Dean died from driving his bike too fast down the Hollywood Strip. Alcohol was believed to be the culprit.


LikeTelevision Embed Movies and TV Shows

10 comments:

Tayla. (: said...

I agree with you. I've been a on sight victim of this kind of thing. Except it was drugs. I didn't really have a "home", but where ever I lived, it was broken. I'm just so glad to be out of that situation, where something bad could've happened to me, I wouldn't be here today possibly.

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

Alcohol is a real problem for all age groups. There are Pre-teens that get drunk just about every other day that i used to talk with. It's getting to be a bigger and bigger deal every week it seems.

skater said...

alcoholism is bad i look at all of the bad stuff that has happend to they people that drink and drive and they ones that get in to fights over anything its stupid i think

Tayla. (: said...

When I think about it..I seriously do think that suicide is messed up. I mean, what could possibly be so painful that people would end their life? I used to be suicidal, until I actually thought about the reason. I felt so stupid and embarrassed myself. I think talking about, yes it might be emotional, your problems with someone that actually cares in the best help. Also, laugher. It is seriously the best medicine.

Tayla. (: said...

I think that many people would rather just off themselves then face life. I sometimes look at it that way. It's like "Well, my life sucks so...I'm going to just end it all, and I don't care what other people think because it's not their life, it's mine and it's none of their business." I used to think that way.

bloodgirl101 said...

For me i was a victim of both. Before i was put in foster care my mom was an alcoholic and she did drugs. While she was pregnant with me she drank alot and she did some drugs. I was told this by my grandma,now i don't know if that is true. But when i was old enough to relize what she was doing, it was to late.

Sonia Early said...

Alcoholism needs to cease as well, but that'll never happen. This world is going to hell, and we're defenseless.

LumberJack Zack said...

yea there are a lot of people that i know that drink and a lot of people that i know are not at the drinking age.

LeeAnna said...

I think that if people completely get rid of alcohol it in a way will be like illegal drugs. Since it is illegal people would want to do it more. If that makes sence?

Tayla. (: said...

Well, thanks.
The feeling hasn't completely gone away, like LeeAnna said, temptation is always there. Once you've had it, it wont go away.
But I'm definitely over it.