Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Screw Normal...it's all about the music.


Every summer there is a wonderful event called "Warped Tour". What is this so-called “Warped Tour” you ask? It is a lovely concert where a bunch of bands get together and well, put on a show. They travel across the country, sometimes even Canada. It is going to be headlining on June 20th and ending August 17. Some bands that will be performing are: Story of the year, The Academy Is…, As I lay dying, Chiodos, Cobra Starship, Fall from Grace, From First To Last, Norma Jean, Paramore, The Pink Spiders, and many many more. Many people love going to this event, the founder Kevin Lyman has put on this show for many years, and it still remains, going stronger then ever.



Many people claim that Warped Tour is an emo event. I think it is whatever people want it to be. Yes, there are MANY emo bands, but I do not think that it is an emo event. That is just retarded. I love Warped Tour, the tickets are really cheap considering all the bands that you get to see. Each band gets about 30 minutes each, there are like 5 stages, some are located in better areas then others, but that's alright. If you want a good spot you must run to the front of the stage, but be careful, if there are people crowd surfing, most likely you will get kicked in the head. Take some advice, don't wear heavy clothes, wear white or muscle shirts...dress lightly, it gets EXTREMELY hot and sweaty, especially when your in a huge moshpit with tons of people all smashing into you. Also, people can tend to be violent. Hardcore dancing is commonly used during Warped Tour. This includes running in circles, kicking, punching, pushing people. Be warned...if you attend...you will get hurt in some way.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

softball_girl said...

I have never been to a concert, and if thats what happens I don't want to go to one. To me that would be no fun. I don't like to be hit. And I don't like that type of thing.

LumberJack Zack said...

yea i'm with softball_girl. I have never been to one either. I agree with her all the way.

LeeAnna said...

I have never been to that before ,but I have been to a few concerts and I loved them all. I've been in a moshpit before too. it's a lot of fun ,but like you said you need to be careful. I really like what you wrote about.

the_man_734 said...

Running in circles, hitting, and punching are examples of dancing?! I have been to a few concerts, but they weren't wild concerts. They were very enjoyable concerts that featured christian bands. Are you ever afraid when you go moshing?

Sonia Early said...

I wouldn't like going to a concert either because there would be too many people, way too close for my taste. Disturbed would have to be playing in order for me to stay. I can't stand being around so many people.

skater said...

ya i am the same way i do not like to get in to fights unless i have to if i do not have to there is not point in fighting