Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The MLB All Star Game

I am a huge fan of watching the MLB All Star Game, because as a kid, I used to sneak earphones into my room to listen to games when I was supposed to be asleep. I love everything to do with baseball. The problem with the game itself for me is the fan voting. There usually is two-four "snubs" that don't make the game. I voted yesterday and chose Albert Pujols as my starting 1B, but I have to admit, part of me struggled with the choice because of Lance Berkman's great year. I think the great story with this game is Josh Hamilton, a shoo-in for the game to start in the outfield for the AL. He is an example of what is good and wholesome about sports. Just think, he leads the league in HR, RBI, and BA, while just three years ago, he lost his standing as a first round draft pick of Tampa Bay to drug abuse. It is good to see a player like that turn his life and career around. I wish him all the luck in the world.

7 comments:

LumberJack Zack said...

Yea I don't know very much about baseball. But I do know who Albert Pujols is. He is really good. That is probably the only thing that I know about baseball. I know nothing.

casey said...

i also like watching the mlb all-star game because its a good chance to see the best of the best from all around to compete. the most memorable moment for me this year was when Ichiro hit an inside the park home run.

Tayla. (: said...

I really have no interest at all with sports. Haha. Sorry Mr. T, but it seems you like it, which is all that matters huh? Well...I'm glad you like something.

Sonia Early said...

I really don't know anything about baseball, or major sports in general, for that matter. It's good to have a favorite pastime activity though. My mom's a crackhead, that's a bit impolite, but she's the cause of a lot of my problems, so she deserves it. Her body's being broken down by drugs and her daughter refers to her as "crackhead." How nice is that?

casey said...

i predict that someday albert pujols will win the triple crown award

softball_girl said...

You and Casey both like him. I don't realy know why he is so popular. But if that is what your interasted in that good for you. And I love to watch softball so i basicl know what you are talking about.

casey said...

this is one of my favorites because it is such a good topic to talk about