Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hitting Lessons

I know most people that will read this dont play softball or baseball, but I will teach you anyway.
  • If the pitcher is fast, stand back in the box. If they are slow, stand far up in the box.
  • Play to your strengths. If you have trouble with inside pitches, open your stance and swing earlier. Vise-Versa for people with trouble hitting outside pitches.
  • Watch the ball
  • Dont try to kill the ball because you will pull your head and miss.
  • Sometimes it helps to step before a swing to get more power and not swing harder.
  • Have a level swing with a slight upward slant.
  • Twist your feet after you swing.
  • Remember to time it right.

Now I have taught you the basics of hitting. I hope you use them well.

8 comments:

softball_girl said...

Casey,
maybe you should try your own tips.LOL!!! those are very good tips.

the_man_734 said...

From a career .250 hitter, I can honestly tell you the best tip for me would have been to stay home. I love baseball, but that really doesn't mean that I was very good. I was probably one of the worst players on the team right before I quit, but keep playing.

LumberJack Zack said...

I like your tips. I actually didn't know some of that information. Thanks for the tips.

softball_girl said...

Casey it was just a jk

Sonia Early said...

Nice tips, though I won't have any use for them, they're good nevertheless.

bloodgirl101 said...

this probabley not do me any good but thanks for the advise

LeeAnna said...

Thanks for the tips even though I won't use them.LOL

Tayla. (: said...

Yes they were cool. Thanks for all that information.