Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Death of Bo Diddley


Yesterday, America lost a musical icon. Bo Diddley, famed American blues man died yesterday at the age of 79. He died in his home after losing a lifelong battle with illness. A lot of people are not familiar with the works of Diddley, but they should be. This rock and roll hall of famer left a legacy that is undeniable.

I am saddened in a way, because the musical giants of yesterday are getting sick or even dying. In fact, Eddie Van Halen has just received a new hip. Billy Powell, famed Lynyrd Skynyrd pianist on the song Free Bird, is going to have to take a break their current tour to have his hip replaced. I wonder what the music landscape will look like when the musical greats are all dead. Who will be the ones to step and be the next generation of greats? Who could possibly pick up the slack? Looking around at what is being produced, I really don't know.

7 comments:

Tayla. (: said...

That is really sad that Bo Diddley died, although I have no idea who he was. If he was a great musician then yes, it is very disappointing. I dont know either who will be the new generation of "Great's" but something will come along.

bloodgirl101 said...

You sound like you are really upset i would say that i know who he is but that would be lying i have no idea who that is. maybe he was good but i don't know how good he was. Do you know what kind of sickness he had?

softball_girl said...

I have no clue how that is. But know one like to lose fomeone that has helped to entertan everyone. And it could be anyone how picks up the slack. It could be in any typ of music to, so I guess we will have to wait and see.

LumberJack Zack said...

Well I don't know Him. And i guess thats a shame. but it is never cool when someone dies no matter who it is. we think it is so horrible but really its not for them. Because they are hopefully in a better place. If they trust God as there Lord and savior. I really like music and I hate it when a good musician dies and the why you describe him he definitely was. I like your blog you do a good job.

Sonia Early said...

Wow. Well I'm sorry for you, I never really knew much of him, but sorry all the same.

LeeAnna said...

I didn't know Eddie Van Halen had his hip replaced. That's sad. The wonderful rockers will soon be gone and that's a scarey thought.

skater said...

i do not know who he was lol but if he was a good singer so i dont know