Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Can You Duet

Can you Duet is a TV serious, its about taking two people and putting them to gather to see if they can duet. This TV show started with CMT teaming up with American Idol to find the next big stars. This TV show is ran basically just like American Idol. Each team will preform in front of three judges. At the end of each show one team will be eliminated, until there is one team left.


Personal I think that this is stupid and that people need to do it the old fashion way. Look at all the big stars from the past like Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, and Reba McEntire that didn't have these TV shows to help them get started.They took the hard way and finally got what they wanted. Know there are so many music artist that get to be on TV and start out with help which most of the older country and other artist didn't have. So to me it like cheating or even sleeping your way to the top. And then when the times get hard they will not know how to deal with it. So the lose all their faith and plummet to the ground and there goes their fame. Nothing good ever comes out of taking the easy way to the top. If you are always taking the easy way you never learn how to deal with the hard times.

14 comments:

Sonia Early said...

Never even heard of it, I don't watch shows like that, and it does sound like a big spin-off of American Idol.

bloodgirl101 said...

Ihave never watched that show all i watch on cmt is trick my truck and we don't watch that very often. I think it would be if the judges had to compete and be judged by two people in the audience, i think that would be funny.

the_man_734 said...

Wow, how far has CMT fallen? The male judge doesn't even look any where near country. What in the world is that about? If they want a country reality show, get country judges. They can say what they want about the face of country music changing, but they don't even look like they used to be one bit. It used to sacreligious if a country music performer went on stage without a cowboy hat. Now, looking around at the new artists, I can't tell the difference between country artists and rock artists.

I thought that CMT was above the reality show craze. Apparently, they are chasing the almighty dollar too. Oh well, everything's a business now.

LumberJack Zack said...

well i actually like that show. I really like the couple that is married. but i like your opinion I reckon.

LeeAnna said...

I totally agree with you. I think people should get fame and furtion the old way. If they want bad enough they will go the whole way.

Tayla. (: said...

Holy crap I agree. Plus I dont think it is very fair. Some people that get on the show dont even sing good sometimes, while others who dont get a chance on a show are AMAZING! If everything is easy, then where is the excitment and challenge? The struggle? Jeez...

Tayla. (: said...

Oh by the way..HIM is not what you think. They are not all..."headbanging" and crap, but yeah.

skater said...

i dont really watch tv that much so i dont know a lot of tv shows

bloodgirl101 said...

Hey this is nothing to do with yours but i guess you are right one day it will all be like that. But if you are ever in the presents of god/ holy spirit it gets kind of warm, but it really doesn't matter when it's all over people may tinhk you are a little wierd but who cares. I guess it all depends on who you are.

Tayla. (: said...

If you do, I recommend "Join me in death."

LumberJack Zack said...

I really like this t.v. Show. I thought that it is a good thing people that have talent can go out and show what talent they have and become some body in the world. My favorite couple is the married couple they are really good together. The guy always wears overhaul bibs. And they always match each other. I think that they are just good all around. and the wife has a great voice.

LeeAnna said...

I still haven't seen "Can You Duet". I don;t like it that everything is reality. This is nothing ,but a spin off.

the_man_734 said...

That guy's hair still messes with my mind. Yikes! Naomi Judd still looks young. It's amazing plastic surgery will do!

bloodgirl101 said...

I was watching this show saturday and these guys were singing a really good song but they butchered. That poor song.