Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Review for Mad World

The song "Mad World" is featured on the movie "Donnie Darko." It's lyrics are very depressing and despairing. All in all the song is very good, once you look beyond the depressing part. The song is sung by Gary Jules, and he does it beautifully.

This song to me is wonderfully written. It makes me feel like I am not alone in this world full of rejection. Its mainly about feeling worthless and dying, but don't judge it until you hear it!!! The way Gary sings this song is amazing. It really sounds like he is putting all his emotions in it. I like hearing this song when I'm feeling down, somehow it makes me feel better.

People should at least give this song a listen. Maybe it will somehow touch them, and realize how people are feeling, and how they are expressing it. Death is not always a horrible thing. It can also be a beautiful moment. The next step of this journey we call life.

Its the GARY JULES version.


http://search.playlist.com/tracks/mad%20world

8 comments:

softball_girl said...

I know what depressing music sounds like because I lesten to country and the songs are very sad or even depressing. But I don't agree with death as a beautiful thing. The only way I can think as death as a good thing would be if somene was in a lot of pain.

the_man_734 said...

Gary Jules is a very interesting singer with an interesting take on music. There is a video on youtube based on the movie American Psycho, and the video producer decided to use this song as the background music. It is interesting that this seemingly sweet peaceful sound is so often linked with such strong violent films and media.

bloodgirl101 said...

i am going to have to say"who in the heck is gary jules?" I have absolutly any idea who that is. i guess he is good from what you said.

LeeAnna said...

I understand when you say death can be a beauitful thing. My grandma passed away a few months ago and she was very ill. I know this might sound me ,but I wanted her to pass on just becase that's where she wanted to be. She wanted to be with the Lord for years and I didn't want to see her go ,but I knew she was happy! So, yes it can be beautiful.

LumberJack Zack said...

yea I listen to country too. So idk.

Sonia Early said...

I loike that song, it doesn't make me in the least bit depressed, though. After all, it's just a song, but an awesome song all the same.

softball_girl said...

I think that its good you can relate to the msuic you relat to. and its good that you dont feel like your alone in the world.

the_man_734 said...

I think it would be cool if you found this song in an audio clip that you could put on the blog itself so we could click the song without having to go to playlist.