Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Review of Disturbed's first album


"Believe" was the band's first album, the breakthrough that started it all, that made them known. The album included the songs "Believe," "Intoxication," "Prayer," and "Mistress."
Some of the lyrics reflected biblical things; the song "Believe" says "all your belief cannot absolve your sin..." The song "Prayer" says "This is the way I pray, heaven just isn't hot enough, burn me alive inside..."
I enjoy this band because their music sounds really great and I like all of their songs that I've heard. David is a great vocalist; he can actually sing! Unlike certain singers that we all should know of that really can't sing at all, proven by their live performances.
I think that Disturbed should be listened to simply because they're awesome. You may not like them, but that's fine by me. I like them, and that's what matters to me. You can like/dislike whatever you want to like/dislike.

6 comments:

Tayla. (: said...

I like Disturbed, maybe not as much as you but ya know. Well umm...bye!!!!

softball_girl said...

Is the songs they sing against religion? Because when they say Heaven is not hot anought for me it makes me think that they are against God.

LumberJack Zack said...

So yea what does this mean ""This is the way I pray, heaven just isn't hot enough, burn me alive inside..." Cause I'm confused I would love to know so tell me. Other than that I like it I like that band.

bloodgirl101 said...

That album sounds really good but i have never heard of it. maybe it would be okay but i'm not sure i would like it very much. would you recomend it?

the_man_734 said...

The religious imagery in songs has often be up for debate, because of many vague expressions. A lot of people were greatly offended when the Doobie Brothers put out a song entitled "Jesus is Just Alright With Me," because they thought the song belittled Jesus. George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" was also slammed, because many people believed that it was a song that emphasized George's Buddhist religion. A lot of bands put religious imagery in their songs when they shouldn't, because they don't know enough about it. Where does Disturbed stand in this discussion?

LeeAnna said...

When you are talking about the song "Prayer" what exactly does the band mean when they say, "This is the way I pray, Heaven just isn't hot enough, burn me alive inside...?