Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Am Legend Review

I Am Legend is a feature film that stars Will Smith in a SCI-FI fantasy in which a doctor believes that the vaccination for cancer created by Dr. Krippen, a fellow doctor, is going to save the world. Severe complications affect the society making them "dark seekers." After several warnings to leave New York, Dr. Neville (Smith), decides to stay on ground zero and try to find a cure for the mutating device with a fatal outcome.

This movie honestly didn't move me at all. I was left wanting more. Was this a medical movie? Was this a zombie movie? Was this a futuristic doomsday movie? I don't know, and I couldn't tell you. This movie never really took on an identity and never even developed any of the characters completely. What was the purpose for this movie?

People made this a big box office hit. I am more inclined to say that the presence of Will Smith made this movie a hit, and it wasn't really due to any cinematic brilliance or a wonderful story that improved the lives of the movie going public. If this movie was meant to be "fun," then what was the source of this fun? Others will probably enjoy this movie a great deal for a great majority of reasons, but unfortunately, Will Smith struck out on this one for me.

8 comments:

Tayla. (: said...

Hiii Mr. T. I really liked this movie so stop dissing it!!! GRRR!!!!
Haha.

Tayla. (: said...

Oh, not all movies HAVE to have a meaning ya know! Jeez..lol.

softball_girl said...

I really liked that movie. It showed that he blamed him self for his family dieing. Also he was dedicated to finding a cure. Then at the end he gave up his on life to save the woman and her child. Also to give her the cure to save other people.

LumberJack Zack said...

Yea I watched it. I thought it was kinda stupid. It is boring nothing exciting happens throughout the movie.

bloodgirl101 said...

I have never seen that movie but would love to but i think that i would cry.

LeeAnna said...

I never seen this movie and after what you said about it I'm glad that I haven't seen it. I trust your judgement.

Sonia Early said...

It was okay, but that's about the only positive thing that I can say for it. The plot absolutely sucked! I don't understand why all of these great actors accept the lamest roles.

LumberJack Zack said...

I really did not see a point in this movie at all.