Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The 1989 World Series Blackout

The 1989 World Series was a battle of San Francisco bay between the San Francisco giants and the Oakland athletics. the first two games went to the A's, and during game 3 after Dave Parker stole second the baseball world was rocked. an earthquake had shook the stadium and all of San Francisco, crashing the bay bridge. the game was cancelled, and the longest delay in baseball history was started. it finally picked up twelve days later as the A's went on to sweep the series.
"I think we won the most historic world series of all time." -Manager Tony LaRussa

I think this is the most important world series of all time because Baseball is just a game and can be stopped when catastrophic events occur. I think it should also have special ceremonies for every time the flag hangs at half mast.

7 comments:

LeeAnna said...

I think that's really cool with what happened to the World Series. Yes, that's a bad thing ,but in a way it's really cool.

LumberJack Zack said...

I don't know very much about baseball. But you seem to know a lot from what I hear from Jessica. That would be pretty intense though if I was there.

softball_girl said...

That is a very big time to postponed a game. But I don't agree with the half mast.

Tayla. (: said...

I don't know anything about sports, nor do I plan on learning anytime soon. Good to know someone likes sports. Keep on watching.

the_man_734 said...

I remember that World Series. That was a horrible time for everybody. As a lifelong Mark McGwire fan, I look back at his days with Oakland and wonder if he played dirty or not. What a shame that his legacy is ruined!

bloodgirl101 said...

I don't know any thing about baseball except that my little borther loves albert pujols. He thinks he is the best.I just like the st. louis cardinals becuase they are kinda good, but i really don't know about it at all.

softball_girl said...

Did they start were they left of? I hope thay didn't that would suck.