Friday, June 6, 2008

Music becomes personal and childish

As a child Emmanuel Jal hated the fact that he was alive. All he wanted to do was die. It was like he was married to hatred and war. He is a originally from Kenya. He moved here to get a better life and to start over. When he raps he puts his past into his songs to let people know.

It's so sad that kids don't have families that care about them and take care of them. It's a really good thing that he was able to start over. Most people don't get that chance. Everyone needs to get help as long as they are willing to get off there butts and work hard then I don't have a problem with them getting help. But it sounds like he did a really good job at putting his feet on the ground.


The band Rascal Flatts is a very good band. The songs that they sing always seem to have a very good meaning. Some of the songs that they sing "Life is a highway", "Me and my gang", I can only imagine", and "Feels like today". They are American Germany award winning country music group. Also they will be in the Hannah Montana movie.
To me they are One of the best bands in country music. They seem to get along really well. I have heard a lot of there songs, and the best me is "Me and my gang". To me the song is telling how well they get along or even they way they get along with other people. Other then that I think that it is a shame that they are showing up in the Hannah Montana movie. I have nothing against Mily but i don't really like her. I sometime watch her show due to my little sisters. But grown adults should not do little kids movies. To me it will be a down grade to Rascal Flatts.

8 comments:

Tayla. (: said...

The first guy, it is really sad about how he just wanted to die. No one deserves to be that unhappy. I'm glad he decided to come here and start over.
The Flatts, I dont really like them, but I'm sure they are a good country band, and I find nothing wrong with adults being in kid movies.

the_man_734 said...

Thanks for introducing me to Emmanuel Jal. I don't know anything about him. It sounds like he has a lot of personal experiences to put into his music. It saddens me that Rascal Flatts is associated with the Hannah Montana movie. I thought it was cool that they were associated with Cars, because that movie fit them.

LumberJack Zack said...

I like this band. I like the song they sing called "I can only imagine". That is a great song.

skater said...

ya i never heard of them but i bet they are a good band

LeeAnna said...

Rascal Flatts is ok in my opinion. I really like their "Life Is A Highway". I even sang it once. It's really hard for me to see them in a movie with Hannah. I wonder what kind of movie it's going to be?

Sonia Early said...

I've never heard of Emmanuel Jal, but at least he's singing his frustrations out, and that's good. I like Rascal Flatts, even though I'm not msuch a fan of country music.

bloodgirl101 said...

I don't know what it is like to live in kenya, but i do know what it like to not have any one to know what you have gone through and then they just go make fun you.
When i was a kid i went through some pretty bad stuff and sometimes i wanted to die. If i didn't want to see my mom i would hide in the attic.

I also have wrote stuff but my mom made me throw them away. Anyway this guy really sounds like he went through alot. I kind of get why he was like that.

bloodgirl101 said...

Rascal flatts! Now that is a good band. Did you know that they are a christian band? Their new song is really good. My nephew can sing "life is a highway".