Friday, June 27, 2008

The NBA Draft

I feel the need to write about this, because as a sports fan, you never know who is going to be a huge success. Some college stars are awful when they go professional. This seems like the case especially if you are a Duke player. On the flipside, there are players that were mediocre and average in college, but tear it up in the NBA. This is why any draft held in any sport is such a gamble. I do agree with the sports authorities that the NBA is the safest bet for General Managers and Team Owners. The draft itself is a sports tradition in every sport as every team tries to get the leg up on each other.

The drafting process in sports brings about such excitement for sports fans everywhere. I love watching and following drafts in every sport. The football draft is one that I never miss. I watch it with one of old college roommates and great friends, and we actually discuss and dissect every pick. The NBA draft is to tough for the players, because NBA rosters are not very large. Plus, Europeans and other stars from around the world are able to declare for the draft as well. A player has to be really good just to make it into the NBA. After that, you are guaranteed nothing.

8 comments:

LumberJack Zack said...

you and your sports. i bet you know the first sport invented??

skater said...

ya you do have to be really good to get in the NBA and what is your fave team?

softball_girl said...

I don't watch nba anymore due to the fact that MJ retired. I will watch it if there is nothing else to watch and that is it.

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

I don't watch NBA, I did when Michael played because he was the best there ever was. Thats it though when he retired i stopped watching it.

Tayla. (: said...

I HATE SPORTS! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS? GGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Haha.

LeeAnna said...

I don't watch the NBA ,but I love the Harlem Globe Trotters. I got to see them once. It was awesome. I have the whole teams' autograph including the coach one a basetball.

Sonia Early said...

Sports is a very sporty pastime for you, isn't it?

bloodgirl101 said...

I really like sports but i suck at them so yaeh.