Monday, June 23, 2008

Driving in America




The gasoline scare is in full swing. The national average is a record $4.10 at this point in time. Everybody in America feels this sting in their wallets and bank accounts. It is no worse than what it is in Alaska and California. Those two states are $4.55 and $4.61 respectively. That is absolutely unbelievable. In case if you're wondering, the two states with the cheapest gasoline are Oklahoma and Missouri, paying $3.82 and $3.84 respectively. The hardest hit in these two states tends to be small towns. There may be relief from the Middle East in sight though.

Saudi Arabia has released a statement saying that they will produce 2,000 barrels of oil. Why are they helping us out? Are they scared of the potential George Bush bill in which mentions off shore drilling in Alaska. If that is the case, that is actually commendable. Normally, I am not in favor of using bills as a form of threatening, but in the case, I like it a lot. If he threatens Saudi with pulling out to drill his own oil, he is in essence putting his foot to the throat of Saudi Arabia, by threatening their biggest international trade partners out of one of their biggest international trading partners. The result could be a decrease in gasoline prices by between 50-75 cents. I don't think anybody in America would mind that.

7 comments:

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

I think that the oil from Saudi Arabia will be really helpful to us, Hope it all works out.

Tayla. (: said...

I think that it is a very good idea! The gas price is out of control lately! Something must be done about it! I think we should still drill in Alaska! The more the better, no?

skater said...

ya we just need to do something about the gas and i think we sould still drill in alaska to.

LumberJack Zack said...

GAS IS TO HIGH!!!!!

LeeAnna said...

I know I don't mind that. If gas prices keep going up like they are I might not get to drive when I turn 16 which is in October and I wnat to drive.

Sonia Early said...

The prices are ridiculous. Saudi Arabia is only helping us because of O-bomber. Oh? Well sorry,sorry, he'll be in the ground soon. Awww.

bloodgirl101 said...

I think we sould all go to venezuela and stock up on gas and bring it back.