Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Upcoming Political Films

The movie "Vantage Point" is about the assassination of the President. The catch with this problem is the fact that it is seen from many different perspectives. In fact, the assassination is seen from eight perspectives. One of the perspectives is from Howard Lewis, an American man taking pictures to convince his kids that he was there at the event. Lewis believes that he has captured the face of the man that shot and killed the President. The film itself was supposed to have taken place in Spain in the town of Salamanca. With the ever increasing fear of shaky governments, this movie should serve as a warning to governments around the world that people just don't like your leaders.

Steven Spielberg is working on a film about the aftermath of the 1968 Democratic National Convention. At the convention itself, there were protests about the Vietnam War. There were seven protesters that were arrested. This is the story of that trial. I am very interested in political films about the past. Needless to say, I am very interested in these two films.

Political films interest me, because politics affects each of us in a great deal. I know that as a citizen of the United States, America has a strong stance and influence in the world. I like films that explore this nature.

Vantage Point - Theatrical Trailer

Unfortunately, the trailer for "The Trial of the Chicago 7" is unavailable at this point in time.

7 comments:

Akimitsu Hatsaharu/Maximum said...

that looks good, I think i will watch that too

bloodgirl101 said...

That looks like it would bfe very interesting i would like to see it.

Sonia Early said...

I've been wanting to see this, though I'm not too eager. I hope that Obama gets shot down like that. I'm not much for political films, but this one looks good.

skater said...

i have seen this clip before and it looks like a really good movie

LumberJack Zack said...

yea looks good

Tayla. (: said...

WOOOW! I think I actually LIKE this one. HAHAHAH! It has action, a strange plot, shooting of the president. I don't get that one part though. Did he have a clone or something? Who got shot then?!?!?!

LeeAnna said...

This movie looks like it would keep you on the edge of your seat and keep you guessing though the intire movie. I think it looks good. I want to see that now.